A half-day interactive workshop aimed at education about mental illness and providing skill development to allow people to confidently respond when they encounter people in distress.
Anyone who wants to better understand mental health and be able to respond to people in distress.
After this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Understand the concept of mental health
- Understand common mental illnesses and their prevalence in Australia
- Identify myths and stereotypes in relation to mental illness
- Identify aspects of stigma and its impact on people’s lives
- Know how to respond to a person who may be experiencing distress
- Know where to get support.
This interactive workshop will cover the following topics:
- What is mental health?
- Common mental health conditions and mental illnesses
- The general impacts of mental illness
- Stigma, myths and stereotypes
- Responding to distress
- Where to find support, information and resources on mental health.